I have been on a bit of a pillow kick lately, if you couldn't tell. :)
- 2 Fat Quarters
- 18" x 18" pillow form (or 16" x 16")
- 18" zipper or invisible zipper
- Matching Thread
1. Cut 4" off of the 22" side.
2. Cut off the selvage upto 1".
3. Sew the 3" pieces together with a 1/4" seam allowance.
4. Fold in half wrong sides together and press.
5. Unfold and fold the raw edges in to meet the previous fold line.
6. Fold in half at the line where the raw edges meet, enclosing the raw edges.
7. Choose the fat quarter you want to be the backside of your pillow. Cut it in half, so you have two 9" x 18" rectangles.
8. Attach zipper in between the two pieces just cut to create a whole piece. For instructions on inserting a zipper go here.
9. Take the piece created in step 6 and cover the zipper. Pin in place and sew the "open" edge of this folded piece in place.
10. Lay the two fat quarters on top of one another right sides together. Trim off any excess, so that both squares are the same size.
11. With the zipper closed, sew the two sides that are perpendicular to the zipper closed with a 4/8" seam allowance.
Then sew only one of the sides parallel to the zipper closed with a 4/8" seam allowance.
Open the zipper and sew the final edge closed.
12. Trim the corners, being careful not to cut the stitches.
13. Turn the "pillow" right side out
14. Stuff and tada!
It was so fast and easy I made two! One for me and one for my little man. He really likes his. Best part is, these are so fast it only took me about 30 minutes to put both of them together!