These handy little cones are great for staying dry when you are changing your baby boys diapers.
As I learned once as a teenage babysitter and AGAIN as a mom...in the NICU, these are ever so handy for keeping pee from spraying across rooms or on yourself! :)
These little covers are simple and fast to make!
Plus, you get 4 covers from 2 charm squares in about 20 minutes or less!
- 2, 5" Cotton Squares
- 2, 5" Fleece (or minky/felt/birdseye cloth/flannel) squares
- Matching Thread
1. Place cotton squares on top of one another, right sides together.
Repeat with the fleece squares.
2. Draw a line diagonally across the top square from corner to corner for both the fleece and the cotton.
Repeat for the opposite corners, creating an X.
Sew a line 1/4" away from each side of each line of the X.
Reinforce the stitches at the center:
3. Cut on top of the lines, creating 4 triangles for both the cotton and the fleece.
4. Turn your cotton triangles right side out.
5. Leave the fleece triangles wrong side out and place on top of the cotton triangle. Lining up the bottom edges.
6. Sew along the bottom edge using a 1/4" - 3/8" seam allowance, leaving a 1/2" gap for turning.
7. Turn the fabric right side out through the gap left in the previous step.
8. Straighten out your fabric creating a little triangle shaped "tent", with the fleece inside and the cotton on the outside.
9. Using a 1/4" or less seam allowance, edge stitch around the bottom, closing the gap and finishing off the covers.
Repeat with the last of the 3 sets of the triangles.
Now I need to send these rockin' covers off to my friend Brooke before that new little guy shows up! :)
Have fun! :)