Tailoring Thursdays™, Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Sewers
Faster Piecing Part 1:
Half Triangle Squares
Piecing triangle squares for quilting can take a while and be a bit of a pain.
Having to line up each set can take what seems like forever AND the smaller the triangles, the more difficult it can be!
So here's a trick that takes less time and is easier than your normal cut and sew triangle squares.
1. Take 2 squares, add 7/8" to the size you want your square to end up being order to determine the size of the squares to cut.
(For a quick guide: see my chart at the bottom for determining size**)
2. Place them on top of one another, right sides together.
4. Draw a line diagonally across from corner to corner of the square.
5. Sew a parallel line 1/4" from each side of the line.
6. Cut straight on the line you drew in step 4.
7. Open triangles and press.
Now you have two half triangle squares!