Call them what you will...Those strap dooda's or thingers.
You know I don't know what to call these...but I make them all the time and I LOVE them!
I don't have any drawers with twisty ties in my house...but I have these all over.. They are my fabric twisty ties. ;)
These are just simple charm pack straps with a little velcro.
Easy to make and great for everything.
Tie stuff up and then they act as their own handles!
Awesome to put around gifts instead of bows.
They have a million and one uses AND they are re-usable.
- 9 Charm squares or misc 5" squares
- 2, 1 3/4" pieces of 1" wide hook and loop (velcro) sew-able fastener
- Matching thread
1. Sew your charm squares together in one row.
2. Fold over the ends to meet the closes seam or 2 1/2".
Stitch in place with a 1/4" seam allowance.
3. Fold in half right sides together and press.
4. Sew along ONLY one of the short sides and then all the way down the open seam with a 1/2" seam allowance.
5. Turn right side out. Press and edge stitch with 1/4" seam allowance.
6. On one end sew on the hook pieces and stitch in place close together near the edge stitching from step 5.
7. This can be the tricky part...at least to explain in words. Repeat step six on the opposite side of the opposite end with the loop fasteners. So that the strap will become a circle when you clasp the hook and loop.
And Voila! That's it. Now go wrap some things up! ;)
Hope you find these as ever so useful as I do!!!
You can make them any size you want! Have fun!
Just Please, don't tie up your children! ;)