Looking for a way to pull that Easter dress all together?
How about a cute little ruffled headband cover!
Simple, Versatile, and Oh So Cute!
- 2 Charm Squares
- 1/2 of one Jelly Roll Strip
- Matching Thread
- 1- Store Bought Headband
1. Measure around the entire length of the headband.
2. Measure the widest part of the width of the headband.
3. You will need to double the length measurement and add 1" for the ruffled side.
If the headband measures 14" then you want a total of 30" for the ruffled side to start.
Next you will add 3/4" to the width measurement.
Cut the charm square pieces to the 1 3/4" width.
Cut the amount you will need for the length. For example, in this case I needed 6 pieces,
because 5" x 6 = 30".
4. Sew your charm strip cuts together to form a 27 1/2" x 1 3/4" strip.
5. Fold over each short end 1/2" and sew with a 1/4" seam allowance.
6. Sew down each side of the strip and scrunch to create a ruffled strip.
7. Cut your jelly roll strip down to measure 15" x 2 1/2".
8. Fold down each side with a total 1" double fold hem.
(Double Fold Hem: Fold in 1/2" then fold again 1/2" enclosing the raw edge. )
9. Place the ruffle strip on top of the jelly roll strip, right sides together, centering the ruffle strip on the jelly roll strip. Pin. Sew with 1/4" seam allowance.
10. Trim down any excess jelly roll fabric.
11. Turn right side out through one of the ends.
12. Starting at one end of the head band, slip the cover piece over to the other end.
You could even do some up without the ruffle. Add some buttons!