Last year I posted about my new milk frother, here:
Trish at Two Peas in a Pod recently left a comment on that post asking about a tutorial on how I make my latte's that I LOVE so much! :) I actually thought this sounded fun.
SO here you go:
How to make a delicious latte -- at home.
- 3 TBSP Fresh Ground Coffee Beans
- 1 Cup simmering water
- 3/4 Cup organic skim milk
- Milk Frother
- Aeropress coffee maker or espresso maker
1. Start with 3/4 milk. Heat it in a pan or in the microwave until it is just under boiling.
2. Using the milk frother, froth up the milk in your mug. Like so:
3. Get a small pitcher or measuring cup with a pouring spout.
4. Follow the aeropress or espresso maker directions to make your espresso.
With my aeropress, I use 2 Tablespoons fresh ground coffee.
Then I fill the pouring part to the 2 or 3 line. I like the 2 better, but sometimes I want a little bit more coffee, so I use the 3. After comparing them though, I definitely, definitely prefer it at the 2.
Pour the water into the coffee canister.
Stir for 10 seconds.
Press water through coffee.
Remove the black strainer at the bottom, and push the grounds out into the trash.
The second great thing about the aeropress (the first being that it makes a wonderful cup of coffee/almost espresso) is that it cleans super easy. Check out that clean canister -- didn't even have to rinse it out!
5. Pour the espresso over your frothed milk.
Now, won't you have a cup of coffee with me?
It tastes soo good!
Warm and rich, and delicious.
I just love my fresh daily cup of coffee.
Now, don't worry, for anyone that doesn't like coffee. I will be back to posting sewing/fabric tutorials next week!