Tailoring Thursdays™, Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Sewers
Faster Piecing: Strip Piecing from Two Fat Quarters
Instead of cutting strips and sewing them together, you can get a bunch of strips just using two fat quarters, a ruler and a few lines of stitching.
1. Take two fat quarters and place right sides together.
3. For the rest of this fat quarter project series, you will need 2" strips in this step.
You can make any width strips you want by measuring out that same amount.
Measure 2" from the 1/4" line and draw a parallel line.4. Continue to draw parallel lines 2" from the previous line. 5. Pin fat quarters together in between the lines. 6. Sew to the left of each line with a 1/4" seam allowance.
7. Remove pins. Set seams. Using a ruler and rotary cutter, cut on the lines.
And now you have a whole bunch of strips.8. Open seams and press. Come back for tomorrow's tutorial to see how we are going to use these strips
with the rest of the HST's pieced into squares!
And now for the giveaway!
Want to win your own Sewline Mechanical Pencil?
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite joke!
Here's mine: "Did you hear about the guy who lost his left side? He's ALL RIGHT now."
2. Follow the Fat Quarter Shop on twitter, come back & leave a comment saying you followed them for another chance to win!
3. Follow me on twitter, come back & leave a comment saying you follow me for another chance to win.
Winners will be drawn this Sunday, October 16th.
Come back next Thursday for another chance to win!
Giveaway sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop