We made that pile of HST's and now we are going to use them!
First, we will make coasters and then we will use the remaining ones in a coordinating table runner.
- 16 Half Square Triangles (HSTs)
- 4, 7 1/4" Coordinating Fabric Squares
- 4, 7 1/4" Batting Squares (Preferably Bamboo or Polyester as both are mold resistant)
1. Take the HSTs made previously and match them up into 8, 2 x 2 square sets. OR (if you didn't make the pile of HSTs), take your 16 HSTs and match them up into 4, 2 x 2 square sets.
2. Sew together the top 2 squares and then sew together the bottom 2 squares.
3. Finally, sew together the top and bottom sets.
|I made 4 of my square sets in one arrangement of colors and then|
made the the other set of 4 to reflect those colors.
|Here are my 4 sets of squares.|
4. Place the 4 coordinating fabric squares on top of the pieced squares with right sides together.
5. Place the batting squares on top.
6. Sew along all four edges, leaving a 1 1/2" unsewn gap for turning.
7. Trim the corners to reduce bulk.
8. Turn coasters right side out.
9. Edge stitch or quilt as desired.
Keep those other 4 Pieced HSTs for a project for next Friday.
Come back Tuesday for a coaster holder tutorial!