Really cute bib and it's oh so functional! Made from multiple layers of a flat birdseye cloth diaper, it can absorb a lot and is also nice and soft!
- 1 Flat Birdseye Cloth Diaper
- 1 Fat Eighth (or a 9" x 11" piece of fabric)
- Bib Template
- 1/2" piece of 1" wide hook and loop fastener
1. Take the cloth diaper and press.
2. Fold in half length wise.
3. Then fold in half width wise.
4. Place the bib template on the center of the folded diaper.
5. Separate the bib cut outs into 2 sets of 2. Cut out the same bib template (place it upside down on
the correct side of the fabric) from the fat eighth and place on the bottom of 2 of the bib cuts. Baste around the entire outer edge.
6. Baste remaining 2 bib cuts together around the entire outer edge.
Cut out a letter for the monogram from the left over fat eighth scraps and appliquè it to the side or center of the bib. For instructions on appliquè click here.
7. Place the two bib pieces with right sides together (fabric side against monogrammed side).
8. Sew with a 1/4" - 3/8" seam allowance around the entire edge, leaving a 1 1/2" turning gap at the bottom.
9. Turn bib right side out through turning gap.
10. Press bib thoroughly on both sides.
11. Edge stitch round the entire edge of the bib, closing off the turning gap.
12. Take the 1/2" piece of loop and place it on the end tip of the upper right neck band.
14. Turn bib over and place the hook on the end tip of what is now the upper right neck band (it is the left neck band when the bib is right side up).
15. Trim the corners so that the hook is not hanging over the edges of the neck bands. Stitch in place.
You have a beautiful, handmade baby gift!
Practical, modern, stylish and almost as sweet as the baby that will wear it!