Tailoring Thursdays™, Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Sewers
Yo-yo's are so easy! And they are great for making holiday decor! You can glue a few together from large to small, making a slinky Christmas tree. You can stuff them before pulling closed and you will have some berries, a nose for a stuffed animal, or an added dimension to holiday quilts.
The possibilities are endless!
The technique for making yo-yo's is also great for hand gathering the center of items or making a little ruffle by hand.
1. Cut a circle.
2. Thread a needle.
3. About 1/4" from the edge of the outside, place the needle and thread. Move the needle in and out of the fabric an equal amount each time creating a running stitch.
4. When the needle is full, pull the thread through until the knot reaches the fabric.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you get back to where you started.
6. Pull the thread until your circle closes.
7. And that's it, stuff if desired, if not, tie off and tada!